Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fridays at Reynolda Gardens

Went to Reynolda Gardens early again, and no butterflies.  They must be late sleepers.  Anyway, I did see something that made me happy:
Because when these pink fuzzy flowers are in bloom, that means we'll have these:
Common Buckeye - These are one of my favorites, of course I probably say that about most butterflies!  This one was taken in September of last year at RG.

I planned on going back to RG after work Friday and ended up working until 7:30.  Still went, but no butterflies.  I still enjoyed it and stayed until it started getting dark, I love it there even without butterflies!

Also on Saturday I saw something that made my heart fill - a Monarch!  It's about time for them too.  I actually saw lots of butterflies in my yard Saturday, but I was pulling weeds - so no camera. :(  Oh well, since my vacation (woo!) is coming up soon, I will have lots of opportunities for butterflying.

2 comments:

  1. Now I know they name of the 'Buckeye' butterfly! I see them at RG frequently as well. And I saw that hummingbird moth for the first time ever last week when there.
    Stumbled on your pics on flickr. my page there is http://www.flickr.com/photos/usually_melancholy/

    Love your pics and blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you!! I saw one of your photos on Explore yesterday - the water lily.

    ReplyDelete