Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Little Walden Nature Trail

There is a little known trail at Tanglewood Park in Clemmons called the Little Walden Nature Trail.  I say this because in the time since I discovered it I have only seen a handful of people there.  Surely there would be more people visiting if they knew how beautiful and peaceful it was there.  But then maybe it would not be so peaceful! There are also a couple of gardens - a butterfly garden and the AIDS Memorial Garden.  The trail itself goes around a pond and then into the woods where it passes a little stone building (I have no idea of the origin of the building, but I love it!) and down to a creek.  To get to the trail, you don't go into the main Tanglewood entrance, it's the entrance right across from Harper Road and then take the first left.  And you don't have to pay 2 bucks to park!


Silver-Spotted Skipper
Eastern-Tailed Blue
This was taken a few weeks ago.  I was walking around the pond and this little guy kept flitting around me so I held out my hand and he landed.  Good Luck!  I have never seen one of these before and not sure exactly what it is.  I think some sort of Elfin.

No comments:

Post a Comment